Breast Augmentation Consultation
Once you find a plastic surgeon that you are interested in, the next step is to set up a consultation. If you've found more then one surgeon, set up consultations with all of them. It is not a bad idea to do this since you will be surprised at how recommendations for implant type, size, profile, and so on, can vary from surgeon to surgeon.
Some surgeons offer free consultations, while others charge a fee, which is almost always applied towards the surgery fee if you schedule with that surgeon. Do not let a consultation fee prevent you from consulting with a surgeon. When making permanent changes to your body, consultation fees should not be an issue.
What to Look for at your Breast Augmentation Consult
Once you find a plastic surgeon that you are interested in, the next step is to set up a consultation. You will want to carry a list of breast augmentation questions to the consult with you. In addition, you will want to take note of several things during your consultation:
- Are the staff friendly and helpful?
- Is your surgeon prompt for your appointment?
- Do you consult with your surgeon, or a nurse?
- How long does your surgeon spend with you during your consult?
- Is he or she thorough? Are all of your questions answered? Is the surgeon evasive when answering any questions?
- Did he or she listen to your goals? Did he or she brush your opinions and goals to the side and try to push something else on you?
- Who will conduct your post-operative appointments? The surgeon? One of his or her nurses?
- How easily can the surgeon be contacted after surgery during after-hours? Can you email him or her?